UCampus LLC (“UCampus”) recognizes that privacy is important. This Policy applies to every website under the UCampus network, including the site you are currently registering for. In addition, the policy applies to any additional websites spawned by the UCampus network. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
This UCampus website is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. By using our site or by registering for an account you acknowledge that you are at least 13 years old. Our websites are meant for college students and anyone else is using this site at their own risk. This site will sometimes feature videos or links that contain inappropriate material and UCampus does not take responsibility for the any of the material that is linked to from our sites.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It. We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information. By using this site as a nonmember you are still agreeing to the terms laid out in this Policy.
However, you can also sign up for an account to gain access to more services offered by our website. To sign up, we require you to provide us with a small amount of basic information, none of which will ever be shared with anyone outside UCampus without your permission.
Information You Provide: When you sign up for a UCampus account, we ask you for personal information (such as your user name, email address and an account password). We will never share any of this information with any outside third parties.
Cookies: When you visit UCampus, we send one or more cookies (a small file containing a string of characters to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some UCampus features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
User Communications: When you send email or other communication to UCampus, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Affiliates: There will be advertisements on UCampus sites that link to affiliated businesses. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
Sites We Link To: UCampus websites link to many other websites. We do not exercise control over the sites we link to. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies. This policy only pertains to UCampus; we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any sites we link to. Click the links displayed on our site at your own risk.
2. Choices for Personal Information. When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. We will not use this information for anything other than databasing the information to keep track of our users. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Again, all you need to provide us with is a user name, an email address, and an account password. Additionally, your email address is only required so we have a means of contacting you in case of a problem with your account.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case UCampus may not be able to provide services to you.
3. Information Sharing. UCampus does not share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of UCampus.
Any change in our information sharing policy will be noted in an update Policy, as well as noted via a link in our daily content section. However, by using our site you are agreeing to whatever currently policy we use.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personally identifiable information includes information like the server or internet service provider you use, type of browser used, the number of users who clicked a certain link, or number of users who clicked a certain advertisement. There are some cases where you, the Internet user, may voluntarily provide personal information in response to a particular ad (a survey or purchase order form). In such cases the third party advertising with UCampus may collect this information on behalf of an advertiser. The advertiser in turn uses this information to reply to your request. UCampus never sells any information, such as email address, to any third parties.
Please contact us at the email below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
4. Information Security. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to of personal information to UCampus administrators and managers. With that said, only the administrators of UCampus will have access to your account passwords. Managers will only have access to user names and email addresses.
5. Use Common Sense In All Your Online Activity. Even the best policy can't protect your online privacy and security in all circumstances. Unscrupulous advertisers, hackers, and scam artists are constantly searching the Internet looking for new targets. Your best protection is to understand the limits to privacy on the Internet and use common sense in all of your online activities.
Be aware that email is an inherently insecure form of communication. Remember that third parties are sometimes able to illegally intercept your unencrypted messages, including online greetings. Anytime you visit a chat room or post a message to an online bulletin board, your email address can be accessed by advertisers looking to compile lists for unsolicited commercial email (also known as spam). Be sure that you only disclose your email address in circumstances in which it is safe to do so.
Beware of scams in which persons unknown to you request your screen name, password, or credit card information. Make sure you verify the identity of anyone asking for personal information. Always monitor your children's online activities and educate them as to the rules for safe Internet use. For more information, click here for the Internet Education Foundation's Online Safety Guide for Kids.
6. Data Integrity. UCampus processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
7. Accessing and Updating Personal Information. When you sign up for an account with UCampus, you will not be given the ability to change or delete your information. Therefore, your original username, email address, and password will remain the same. Additionally, you will not be able to retrieve lost passwords or delete old account.
Eventually, you will be able to change, update, delete, and retrieve your passwords and accounts. When this functionality becomes available, the Policy will change accordingly and a note with be made in the daily content section.
8. Enforcement. UCampus regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or UCampus' treatment of personal information by contacting us via our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is UCampus' policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between UCampus and an individual.
9. Changes to the Website. The UCampus network will be continually making changes to improve the websites. Most of these changes will be in line with the current Policy. However, any additional changes that conflict with this Policy will result in a note in the daily content section and a change in this Policy. Changes in the policy will be reflected by the date the Policy was last modified.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through our email address email@example.com.
Last modified: November 1st, 2010